Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WEEK 12: The Library II: The Cosmos

(a map of every space probe sent out into the void)

Today was our second trip to the fantastic Special Collections Library, and the subject was Visualizing the Cosmos, Physics and other Equations. First Librarian Greg read a poem to us aloud from this lovely book:
Ashley presiding over the artist books table, note the Fresnel's Tower telescoping cylinder book!






 Do you know what a palm leaf book is?



Guy reading a Samuel Delaney graphic sci-fi novel

Librarian Barb was inspired to whip out her iPhone and show us her new app called SkyView, which I promptly downloaded, here's an image I made with it :

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on a blog that I go on a lot and thought it would go well with the weeks space theme. It's a time lapse of earth from the ISS. Super spectacular.
    I tried embed the video but for some reason blogger won't let me. If you want to see, you'll have to copy the url I guess.
    Anyhow please enjoy:
    http://vimeo.com/32001208

    ReplyDelete